Join us in keeping our families and communities safe:
- Challenge doctors and dentists to prescribe non-narcotic painkillers for you and your family
- Safeguard narcotic painkillers by keeping them locked in a secure location.
- Since 2010, the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) has hosted two Take-Back events a year in over 5,000 collection sites throughout the US. To date, they have removed over 2 million pounds (1,718 tons) of unused and expired prescription medications from circulation.
- To dispose of unused medications year-round, bring your unused and expired medications to one of the many 24/7/365 disposal sites in your area. Liquids or needles are generally not accepted.
If you know of other permanent sites, contact us and we'll add them to the list.
- Closely monitor narcotic painkiller use by family members, especially young people and the elderly.
- Talk to your children about the dangers of abusing prescription medications and heroin use.